Friday, June 15, 2012

boxes

I returned from the beach today. I'm kind of dreading going back to work next week, mostly because I know I'll be asked, "What'd you do on vacation?" I'm working on answers that sound more exciting than "I read nine books and worked on making stuff for my classroom in PowerPoint."

I got home today right in time to meet the UPS man. Our friendly brown-wearing bearer of packages had two for me. Twee. Dos.

Package one was from Amazon:


(I know this is not a swimming blog, but deal with it, please. Otherwise skip down a little because I promise something teaching-related will surface later.)

I got a new equipment bag, pull buoy, and fins! I have been saying I was going to do this for a while, but had been bumming stuff off of other people and out of the communal supplies because I didn't have the money until I got a big-girl-job. When I retired, I left my equipment bag at the pool with everyone else's. . . and didn't return. For nine-ish months. My (now-former) coach switched to a new team at the same time. With no one around to tell them no, my bag and equipment were gone through and requisitioned by other swimmers. I'm still kind of bitter about it, especially about my kickboard and the surgical tubing I had in there. Grrrr.

So, now I have a replacement bag and fins that are the same style (different color.) I couldn't find the exact pull buoy that I had, but I liked the pink and turquoise and it was close enough. I still need paddles (although maybe a smaller size than I had?) and a circular resistance band. And I'm currently using a Finding Nemo kickboard from Target. Don't judge.

Also, here's the other package that made me squeal (not literally.)
The one that you would actually care about:


The Luna Projector I won! I'm extremely anxious to try it out, but I think I may keep it boxed up here until I go back into my classroom next month. I don't have much desk space to try it out here. It looks spiffy, though!

On another note, I've been playing around with PowerPoint this week. And I may have made something. Two somethings. A behavior chart that matches my classroom colors (as in NOT bright colors) and a Daily Five choice chart. I'm debating about putting them up on TpT, but I'm not sure anyone else would want them. Hmmm. We'll see.

Let me know if your interested. If you've seen the calendar set I use, they match that color scheme.

No comments:

Post a Comment